SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

[ART] POW! WOW! LONG BEACH 2017 RECAP

123 Klan Slick | #powwowlongbeach

Robert and I always had the love for art.  Growing up in the 80s, living in an era when music, dance, and art united into a unique 'culture' that had a major impact in our lives.  When we found out about POW! WOW! Hawaii a few years back, we were super stoked and followed this 'one-of-a-kind' festival since.





#powwowlongbeach2016
#powwowlongbeach2015

As a parent, a strong believer of art and visual communications (even more so because of my hearing loss), it is important to me to surround my children to learn the same culture awareness Rob and I were brought up.  Thanks to the mastermind behind it all, Jasper Wong, for bringing over a hundred international and local artist together to create murals and other forms of art in Hawaii and now around the globe, I'm able to show my children what art and creativity is all about.

Here's a good read about the benefits of art for kids by the artfulparent.com:
https://artfulparent.com/2016/01/the-benefits-of-art-for-kids.html


See photos below from POW! WOW! Long Beach 2017...



















You can follow #powwowlongbeach IG for more murals here:
https://www.instagram.com/powwowlongbeach/

Post a Comment